What is a Professional Organizer?
Professional organizers use tested principles and expertise to enhance the lives of clients. By working with clients to create a strategy for better organizing and teaching organizing skills, they help individuals and businesses take control of their surroundings, their time, their paper piles, their lives!
- Give order to clutter
- Work side by side with clients putting their objectives first
- Unbiased, third party who is there to support the client
- Offer guidance on organizing, arranging furniture, product recommendations
- Deal in space planning, time management, paper management and clutter control
Why should we choose Action Organizing Services?
Action Organizing has been in business for more than a decade and have a team to support you. We are fully insured and bonded and have a vast network to support you in your organizing needs. There is a lot of coordination to downsize, donate and develop a long term strategy and we encourage you to look to an organizer with the experience to helpin this process.
How does this work?
Generally, it begins with a phone call. Brenden McDaniel, owner of AOS answers all initial calls with clients. He will talk with you about your goals, timing and needs. We can do a complimentary in home needs assessment to discuss a strategy.
Typically organizing sessions are from 2-3 hours. We find this is a good amount of time to make progress and often after this point of time, clients begin to fatigue.
How long will it take?
This is a question we are always asked and is actually very hard to answer. The time it takes is mostly driven by the client and their goals. We never want a client to feel rushed or forced to get rid of something, but we do patiently encourage a client to make decisions. Other factors to consider include size of the home, if multiple clients are making decisions (spouses, adult children, etc.) and if there are any deadlines we are trying to meet (moving day, etc.).
There are some clients we meet with 2-3 times and they are comfortable maintaining our work longer term. We also have clients who we have see with regularity for more 3+ years.
How much do you charge?
AOS charges on an hourly basis. Please call to find our availability and pricing.
What type of payment do you take?
AOS accepts cash, check or Visa/Mastercard (with processing fee). Payment is due upon completion of each session.
Will our work be confidential?
Action Organizing Services follows a strict code of ethics with all our clients. We abide by the National Association of Professional Organizers code of ethics:
NAPO Code of Ethics
This Code of Ethics is a set of principles to provide guidelines in our professional conduct with our clients, colleagues, and community. As a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers, I pledge to exercise judgment, self-restraint, and conscience in my conduct in order to establish and maintain public confidence in the integrity of NAPO members and to preserve and encourage fair and equitable practices among all who are engaged in the profession of organizing.
- I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- I will offer services in those areas in which I am qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communications.
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, I will make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified organizers and/or other qualified professionals.
- I will advertise my services in an honest manner and will represent the organizing profession accurately.
- I will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other organizers.
- I will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
- I will keep client information confidential and not use it to benefit myself or my firm, or reveal this information to others.
- I will decide independently and communicate to my client in advance my fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses which I deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with my experience, the services I deliver, and the responsibility I accept.
- I will make recommendations for products and services with my client’s best interests in mind.
- I will seek and maintain an equitable, honorable, and cooperative association with other NAPO members and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- I will respect the intellectual property rights (materials, titles, and thematic creations) of my colleagues, and other firms and individuals, and will not use proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
Tip:If you are going to utilize a colleague’s established methodology in your practice, get their permission first before doing so.
- I will act and speak on a high professional level so as not to bring discredit to the organizing profession